Thursday, October 22, 2009

Death In A Walmart Parking Lot


"HURST, TX - A Grapevine woman died Wednesday after her husband struck her with his car and then shot himself in an apparent murder-suicide.

"Sandra Bentley, 50, was pronounced dead about 2:30 p.m. Thursday at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner’s Web site.

"Her husband, Curtis Bentley, 53, also of Grapevine, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound while still in the family vehicle, police said.

"Witnesses told a police officer that Curtis Bentley was in the Walmart parking lot, 1730 Precinct Line, driving at a high rate of speed when he stuck his wife, said Hurst Sgt. Craig Teague, police spokesman.

"Police received the call about 11:30 a.m., Teague said.

"After striking his wife, a witness said that Bentley rolled forward about 75 feet and then shot himself, Teague said.

"Police have not tracked down a motive and continue to investigate, Teague said.

"The Bentleys are survived by four children, police said."


Source: Star-Telegram...

5 comments:

  1. i know the Bentley family, and i am shocked at the lack of info online about the incident... what car was used??? what kind of weapon was used?? i live RIGHT by this walmart and i would really really appreciate more information....this article is EXTREMELY vague...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of those details matter, and knowing them won’t change what happened or the devastation. You sound like someone who’s obsessed with these situations and it’s really disturbing.

      I personally grew up doing extra curriculars with their 2 youngest, so I can safely say that any actual friend of Sandy or her estranged husband and their children wouldn’t ask such callous, needless, and unnecessary questions.

      Delete
  2. Contact me at steveoscar46@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy was my friend. We were in sports together with our kids. Brian was at our house constantly. She would call me after my divorce from a similar man. I told her to be so careful but I think I gave her courage to strike out on her own. Curtice would have killed her no matter what she did. I hope her wonderful children are doing well and have moved on as much as anyone can from this awful tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am friends with Brooke. The kids are doing as well as they can, and the girls stay close. Sandy has grandchildren from Brooke & Cody, and I believe Brian as well.
      This whole tragedy breaks my heart still. If only women were believed, and dangerous men held accountable

      Delete