Saturday, April 23, 2011

Six Shots, Two Dead In Pre-School Murder/Suicide


"ARLINGTON, TX — Police are investigating a murder-suicide at an Arlington pre-school.

"Authorities say a father was the last to pick up his child from the Country Day School of Arlington Montessori at about 5:45 p.m. Friday. Police said he was approached by a younger man as he walked to his car with his 3-year-old daughter.

"Dana Downs, who lives nearby, heard what happened next.

"`I was taking out the trash and I heard gunshots,` she said. `I heard boom, boom, pause, boom, and then I heard boom, boom, boom. So, I heard a total of six gunshots.`

"Arlington police say the younger man shot the child's father and then killed himself. The father died at the hospital. The 3-year-old was not injured.

"Police are investigating the motive, but say the two men knew each other.

"`I believe this person perhaps knew where the individual was going, so there appears to be some history between them in the past,` said police spokesman Os Flores.

"Flores said the men are not relatives.

"The identities of the victim and alleged shooter have not been released."


From WFAA...

No comments:

Post a Comment