Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Woman Drives To Safety After Being Shot Multiple Times


"ANADARKO, Ok — An Anadarko woman was shot at her home by her husband Sunday morning before he turned the gun on himself.

"Ginger Abbott, in her 40s, was shot multiple times in the chest and arm before she drove to a relative’s home a mile away.

"Ginger was rushed to OU Medical Center where she underwent surgery and is recovering in critical condition.

"According to police, her husband, Roger Abbott, shot her several times before turning the gun on himself.

"Police are trying to figure out what prompted the fatal shooting.

"`Domestic violence can happen in just a second with people you don’t realize are having problems,` Sheriff Gene Cain said. `Sometimes is a first offense like this was. This time I don’t see of anything that was ever called on at this time.`

"One neighbor said he noticed a change in Roger’s behavior over the past few months.

"A once friendly relationship had turned sour.

"`I just know something’s been wrong, but when he told me to keep me away I told Lucy my neighbor. I said 'Lucy, I should have been calling and talking to somebody,' but it never dawned on me. It never dawned on me,` long-time Neighbor Bill Graham said.

"Abbott underwent surgery early today at OU Medical Center and remains in critical condition."


From KFOR...

No comments:

Post a Comment