Monday, March 22, 2010

Altercation May Have Led To Murder/Suicide


"ST. LOUIS, MO - St. Louis police believe a south St. Louis man shot and killed his 71 year old father-in-law before killing himself. "Its shocking to hear that something like that would happen," said one neighbor. Family members discovered the bodies of the two men inside their home in the 52-hundred block of Nagel Ave. a few blocks from Hampton and Gravois.

"Police identified the shooter as John Jacob Hart, 51 and his father-in-law as Robert T. Heckel. Police say Hart was in an altercation with his wife on Saturday. She left the home leaving her husband and her father behind.

"Police do not know if that altercation led to the murder suicide but will continue to investigate.

"The news came as shock to those who knew the family.

"`They were always there to help me if I needed it best neighbors I ever had,` said Joanne Evans.

"She promised to pray for the surviving family members.

"`I gave my sympathy to them today and if they need me Im there,` said Evans."


From FOX2now.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment