Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Kids Found By Mom's Side


"WARRENTON, VA - Police are investigating a murder-suicide involving a husband and wife.

"The Town of Warrenton Police Department says a 39-year-old man shot and killed his 30-year-old wife Monday night and then shot himself.

"The couple's children - a 5-year-old boy and 6-year-old girl - were home at the time.

"Police found the woman dead by the door of the home in the 200 block of Pinnacle Court. The two children were found standing by their mother's side.

"Police Chief Connie Novak says the woman's husband was found dead in the kitchen.

"The names of the victims have not been released because authorities are trying to contact the husband's relatives.

"The children, who were not physically hurt, are with their grandfather."


From WTOP.com...

1 comment:

  1. We had lived in the neighborhood, one or two houses away from this family before this tragedy happened. When I was younger, I knew the kids and became friends with them. I remember that I heard bangs and just assumed it was someone kicking a wall, because my little sister would often do that. But, when we woke up the next morning to go to school, there were police officers everywhere and my parents would not tell me why. After a few months I got to go visit the two kids, they were doing okay. But, I do not think there is really a way to be okay when both of your parents are now deceased.

    ReplyDelete