Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shreveport Shotgun Murder/Suicide


"Shreveport, LA - Shreveport police have released the names of the man and woman who died in an apparent murder-suicide at a Shreveport apartment complex on Coates Bluff Drive about 9:40 a.m. Monday.

"The body of Rebecca Thompson, 41, was found outside The Willows apartment she shared with her boyfriend, John Spicer Jr., 49, according to police. She had a gunshot wound to the neck and side.

"Spicer was discovered in the bedroom of their apartment with a gunshot wound to the head, police said. Police found a shotgun near his body.

"`The man's wound appears to be self-inflicted, but we don't know,` police Lt. J.V. Webb said. `The initial call was that a man accidentally shot himself. The story continued to change quickly, and by the time we got there we didn't know what to expect.`"


Source: ShreveportTimes...

6 comments:

  1. I am Rebecca's son and I live in Memphis TN. I find this pretty interesting and would like to know in what ways the story changed from the first call that Police received and when they got there..... Please and thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has no one that actually knows the details discussed this with you family members? Message back

      Delete
  2. I am rebecca's daughter and i have heard many different stories on how it all happened. I would really like to know the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am her niece and would also like to know the different stories thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late getting back to the blog but I am Rebacca"s son and Ive only heard stories and beliefs in passing. So called-Actual facts never added up and dont make any since. I dont think I can insinuate anything with out true hard facts but I have my own beliefs as well. Something even stranger.... I was approached by an attorney after the funeral and was told about an opportunity to go to court over this for my mother's untimely death. Engaging in this offer, I was contacted a YEAR later and told that they had commenced the process by starting with freezing any and all of John Spicer's assets. Even more YEARS have passed and I have not received a call letter or email regarding my case..... No further info. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew both of them and worked with them. It's sad that this happened. I miss them . Nobody will ever know what really happened. They were both good hearted people.

    ReplyDelete