Monday, March 9, 2009

Delayed Suicide


"ALBUQUERQUE, NM - The body of an Albuquerque man suspected of killing his longtime business associate after approaching him about his financial troubles has been found in the bosque.

"Bernalillo County Sheriff's investigators say they believe 64-year-old Donald Hovland shot himself once in the head. His body was found Saturday on the west side of the river about a mile from his home.

"Deputies had been searching for Hovland, who was accused of killing his business associate Baron Freeman of Albuquerque on Tuesday.

"They say they had tips that led them to the bosque.

"Deputies believe Hovland had financial troubles and the Internal Revenue Service may have been garnishing his wages.

"A search warrant says Hovland went to Freeman's home to talk about his money problems."


From KDBC4 News...

2 comments:

  1. This will always haunt me. He killed himself 30 yards away from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Donald Hovland's daughter from his 1st marriage. I just found out about this. I need to talk to his family, which is my family, too. Can you email me? mcmandy@att.net

      Delete