Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Flaming Death Plunge


"New Delhi, India - Upset over being told that her TB-stricken son had only a few days left to live, a 38-year-old woman strangulated her 12-year-old daughter, set herself ablaze and then jumped off the first floor of her house here Monday, police said.

"Covered in flames, Sharda Devi, a resident of Block G in Jehangirpuri in northwest Delhi, `fell down from the first floor balcony of her four-storey house`, Deputy Commissioner of Police N.S. Bundela.

"She was rushed to the Babu Jagjivan Ram hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries.

"`She was reportedly upset over the illness of her elder son, who is a patient of tuberculosis and has only a few days left to live,` Bundela said.

"Her husband Mahesh Kumar had left for the ICICI Bank in Model Town, where he works, early in the morning.

"Recalling the morning horror, her son Manni said Sharda Devi had been very upset because of the deteriorating condition of my brother, admitted at the Rajan Babu TB hospital.

"`Doctors told my parents that he won't live for long. On Monday morning, I was sleeping on the ground floor when my mother came down and instructed me to get ready to visit my brother in the hospital,` Manni said.

"`She then went upstairs again. After a few minutes, I heard my mother scream and went upstairs to see her body in flames on the ground.`"


Source: newKerala.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment