Monday, November 29, 2010

Autopsy Confirms Thanksgiving Murder/Suicide


"BASTROP, TX — The Bastrop County Sheriff's Office has determined that the deaths of a Bastrop man and his stepson were a result of a murder-suicide.

"Bastrop County Dispatch responded to a 911 on Thanksgiving Day for a suicide and possible missing child at 217 Pine Tree Loop in Bastrop. When investigators arrived they found 40-year-old Jason Ackley and two-year-old Hunter James Stephens both dead from gunshot wounds.

"Following an autopsy performed on Nov. 26, the Travis County Medical Examinder determined Ackly killed himself after shooting the child."


From KVUE.com...

4 comments:

  1. My family and the Stephens family, Hunter's dad are best friends. Hunter was dearly loved and will be greatly missed. As his Gan would say " sleep with angels baby boy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason Ackley was 33 years old. I love you Hunter! I love you Jason! Granny to Hunter and Mama to Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason Ackley was 33 years old. I love you Hunter! I love you Jason! Granny to Hunter and Mama to Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Jason Ackley’s mother, Micaela Marguerite Kerley. I mourn every day for Jason and Hunter. Jason was a rapid cycle bipolar and a bodybuilder. He was the happiest he had ever been, and was expecting a baby and had adoption papers on his desk for Hunter. I was not with him Thanksgiving eve, but he told family that the world was ending, filling water buckets in the garage, and said both he and Hunter had microchip implants in their hands. Hunter was missing and they found Jason slumping over him. To this day, I have never received the autopsy report I requested. I think of it as an extremely tragic accident of sorts to ease my unending grief.

    ReplyDelete