Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mental Health Issues Preceded Murder/Suicide


"GRANVILLE, OH — Licking County Sheriff Randy Thorp said the deaths of a 42 year old Granville woman and her 8-year-old son appear to be a murder-suicide.

"Deputies responded to a call of a shooting at about 1:15 p.m. Saturday and arrived at 4245 Outville Road to find Joyce Straight, 43, and Jeremy Straight, 8, each dead from gunshot wounds.

"The shootings appear to have taken place sometime between 4:30 a.m. when the woman’s husband left for work and 1:14 p.m. when he returned home.

"Detectives say it appears Mrs. Straight took the life of her son with a firearm and then turned the gun on herself.

"A report from the sheriff indicates that Mrs. Straight may have been experiencing some mental health issues which may have been a factor in the deaths.

"Autopsies will be performed Monday and detectives continue to talk to family members, according to Sheriff Thorp."


From nbc4i.com...

UPDATE:

08/02/2011 — Shooter was heavily medicated...

2 comments:

  1. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) were the reason I first started following these incidents. Stay away from these things and take any SSRI studies with a grain of salt, because they are bought and paid for by the pharmaceutical industry.

    They will make you suicidal when you start taking them and they'll make you suicidal when you quit taking them. A lose/lose situation.

    If you have to take them, get rid of all your guns and knives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my aunt and cousin that was loved dearly, i never thought that this would happen to anyone that i know but Joyce was heavily medicated due to her being in pain all the time. I remember i haven't talked to Joyce in like three years and one day I randomly called her and was talking to her and I asked what are you doing and she said I'm laying on the couch because I am in so much pain and I can't get up. I felt really sad that I lived an hour away and couldn't help her. Joyce and her husband Jeramey was very loving and they wanted to adopted me, but my mom just simply couldn't do that. A few years later Joyce found out she was pregnant and was very happy to hear this news. If I could have been more in touch with my dads side I could have been there for my aunt Joyce to help her with her problems, I know it was hard on her and she didn't tell anybody in the family about it. When we lost my opa which was Joyce's dad Joyce was helping take care of my oma which is Joyce's mom. My oma has arthritis in her feet and Joyce was a nurse so she went to my oma's house everyday to give her medicine and make sure that she was eating. Joyce always put everyone before herself and I think that may have do with it because if she would have put herself first then she could have gotten herself help before things spiraled out of control. Joyce always cared about me and when I was overweight she told me your going to be beautiful one day and I will see you on T.V. I will always love Joyce and J.R. and I will never forget Joyce or J.R. they will always be in my heart. And we will reunite one day in heaven where our family will be whole once again. R.I.P. Joycey and J.R.!!!!

    ReplyDelete