Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shooter Expected To Survive After Botched Suicide


"NEWPORT NEWS, VA — A man suspected of killing his roommate over the weekend remains hospitalized after an unsuccessful suicide attempt, police say.

"Detectives have sworn out warrants charging Ian Altman, 21, with murder and the use of a firearm in commission of a felony. The warrants will be served when he is released from the hospital later today.

"He is charged in the death of Khylief Thorpe, whose body was found on Sunday morning in their apartment on 72nd Street. Thorte had been shot, but a cause of death has not yet been determined.

"Police spokeswoman Holly McPherson said Altman was found unconscious in a Norfolk hotel room where he had attempted suicide. He was transported to a local hospital and is expected to recover. McPherson said detectives have studied `notes that were found in the hotel room` and have interviewed Altman at the hospital.

"McPherson said Norfolk police received a call on Sunday morning from a relative of Altman asking for officers to check on his welfare at the hotel. Upon finding him unconscious, detectives in Norfolk alerted Newport News police around 9 a.m. to a possible homicide. Less than an hour later, Norfolk police provided Newport News police with an address in the 300 block of 72nd Street.

"Officers who arrived at the Huntington on the James Apartments found Thorpe's body.

"McPherson said detectives believe Altman shot Thorpe after an altercation."


From dailypress.com...

5 comments:

  1. I love you bro . You are truly missed. I am mad this guy is only looking at 15 years

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love & Miss You Dearly Bro... We Wont Let Your Legacy Fade...TRUST
    If He Know Like I Know He'll Own Up To His Actions & Answer For What He Did, Or I'm Coming For HIS Head...
    Str8 Like That...
    #CodeRed
    #ShotsFired

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyday is a new day with different events but what isnt new is the love and sorrow i feel for my brother && everyone involved every day because of ian actions.... ALL of OUR lives will NEVER be the SAME again... all i ask is you keep KHYLIEF in ur hearts and lives... speak of him offten and live life knowing how much you ment to him as well as eveything happens for a reason and he is NOT struggling NO MORE!!!! Talk to him BELIVE me he will answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you more than you can ever fathom sweetheart. Khylief you will always be in my heart and my thoughts, you have touched my heart unlike any other has in my lifetime. I love you and hope that you continue to watch over all of us down here that are still trying to come to terms with the loss of such an amazing man. R.I.P. sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you khylief....feels like yesterday. RIP

    ReplyDelete