Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Couple Found Dead In Maine


"HOLLIS, ME - Police say they believe the deaths of a Hollis couple discovered this afternoon were a murder-suicide.

"A relative found Mike Lagarde, 50, and Freda Lagarde, 44, at their home in Hollis at 1 p.m. after being unable to reach them by telephone.

"Police believe Mike Lagarde shot his wife of five years then shot himself in the couple's mobile home on Brookside Drive. The bodies were found in and near a back bedroom by an adult daughter of Freda Lagarde.

"Freda Lagarde worked at LOXICS in Biddeford and Mike Legarde worked at Garland Manufacturing in Saco.

"The shooting may have occurred Tuesday night, pollice said."


From The Portland Press Herald...

5 comments:

  1. Freda worked at Core Logix in Biddeford, Maine and she was one of the most valued employees there, and she was my co-worker and friend. She will be missed a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freda was the sweetest women in the world. everyone at "the core" will miss her so much. She will never be forgotten and we pray for her daughter who had to witness such a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freda was a wonderful person. She will be sadly missed. She would want us all to remember her for all the good that she was and not dwell on this terrible event that took her from all of us. Out of respect for the families, I will not comment on Freda's murderer. I will extend my deepest sympathies for both families. This event was tragic and it will take a long time for us all to heal from this loss. I guess there is some truth to the saying "only the good die young".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew Mike for many years. He actually had a good heart and soul and I hope God forgives him! God bless you Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew both Freda and her daughter, the news of Freda's murder brought me to my knees and weeping. she was one of the only people there that treated me nicely and i miss her greatly.

    ReplyDelete