Wednesday, September 8, 2010

House Fire Hid Murder/Suicide


"KNOXVILLE, TN — Authorites are investigating the deaths 50-year-old Jesse Baines and his wife 40-year-old Andrea Baines as a possible murder-suicide.

"According to the sheriff's office, the man and woman suffered gunshot wounds in the home they lived in at 4516 Nathan Drive in North Knox County. A neighbor found a letter from the couple in his mailbox Wednesday morning shortly after 8:00.

"`It said basically 'by now you already know that we're gone,'` said Mike Brackfield.

"Brackfield immediately called 911 while the shock of receiving the letter sank in.

"`(I thought) I'm not reading what I'm reading. Just like anybody, I think I reacted as normally as anyone would. I was just very shocked, being my next door neighbor,` he said.

"A second letter found on a car in the driveway listed next of kin and who should receive items found in a box inside the car. Those items included stereo equipment, CDs, and personal papers.

"Several dogs and cats were found dead in the house and at least two of them had been shot. There was no history of any disturbances at the address."


From WBIR.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment