Thursday, September 9, 2010

Separated Couple Found Dead


"GLOUCESTER, VA — The Gloucester County Sheriff's Office is investigating the apparent murder-suicide of a husband and wife. Just before 3 p.m. Wednesday deputies were called to a house at the intersection of Rt. 17 and Woods Cross Road. When they arrived, they found Lisa Harper, 40, and her husband, Robert, 51, both dead in one of the bedrooms.

"Investigators believe Robert first shot and killed his wife and then turned the gun on himself.

"`It's really blowing my mind,` said Charles Howard who has rented a house from the Harpers for the past five years. `I don't know what got in his head to do something like that. I'm devastated. I don't know what to think right now.`

"Howard said he spoke with Lisa just last week and she told him that Robert had moved out of the house and they were separated. Howard said Robert still came back to the house often to visit his teenage step-son and step-daughter.

"`He loved them. He always talked about them and how good they are. I hope they get through it, I really do. I feel so sorry for them right now.`

"Investigators say that while they believe at this time Robert killed his wife and then committed suicide, the medical examiner will make the final determination."


From WAVY.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment